12 Feb Salmon Cakes with Arugula and Cherry Tomatoes
Posted at 18:14h in 0 Comments
If you are looking for a simple meal that is delicious and perfect for entertaining than you need to try this recipe! Canned salmon is usually a wild source – making it a budget-friendly way to get in those omega-3 fats. To further boost your nutrition you can opt for canned salmon with bones – a fantastic way to get in calcium 🙂 For this recipe, I used canned salmon that was skinless and boneless. To accompany the salmon cakes, I made a simple salad of arugula, cherry tomatoes and fresh parmesan shavings topped with a fresh balsamic vinaigrette.
- 2 cans sockeye salmon
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp zest of a lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro or parsley
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- In a medium bowl add salmon and flake with a fork - add the panko bread crumbs, mayo, lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, and egg
- Shape into patties should yield about 8
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat with a little bit of olive oil add patties and cook on each side for a few minutes until golden brown.
- Combine ingredients for dressing and keep in a bottle or bowl. You will not need all the dressing for the salad.
- Combine arugala, tomatoes and fresh parm shavings. Add in dressing just until coated and serve alongside salmon patties