07 Jul Chocolate Chia Pudding
Posted at 18:00h in Breakfast, Dessert, Snacks 0 Comments
Not only does this satisfy your sweet tooth – it gives you a host of amazing nutrients. Chia seeds are mainly fibre which doesn’t require insulin or raises blood sugar. Its digestible carb content (1g in 2 tbsp of chia seeds) makes chia a low-carb friendly food.
Chia seeds are not only rich in nutrients, omega-3s, antioxidants and fiber but also soo easy to prepare. Chia is mainly composed of soluble fibre which slows the process of digestion – keeping you full and at the same time helps your body absorb nutrients while helping lower cholesterol and blood sugar levels. Pretty impressive right?!
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Passive Time||4+ hours|
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup milk of choice I used oat milk
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- fresh fruits for garnish
- Add chia seeds to the container and add the milk. Mix well with a whisk or fork to prevent the chia seeds from clumping together.
- Add in vanilla, maple syrup and cocoa powder. Mix again. Place the lid on and keep refrigerated for 4 hours or overnight. I like making a few at a time to have on hand.
- Top with fruit and enjoy!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.