22 Oct Banana Chia Waffles
Posted at 16:45h in Breakfast 0 Comments
Banana Chia waffles! So delicious and a huge hit with the kids. These delicious waffles are filled with oats and other wholesome goodness! Make a big batch of these to freeze for quick and easy breakfast on school days.
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup oatmeal flour make yourself using rolled oats in a powerful blender
- 1/4 cup chia powder make yourself using chia seeds in a blender
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk of your choice
- 3 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 large very ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp dark or milk chocolate chips optional
- cooking spray I use Chosen Foods Avocado Oil spray
- Lightly spoon flours into measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, chia powder, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. Mix to combine the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine the milk, butter, eggs and syrup, stirring with a whisk. Once the wet ingredients are combined add flour mixture to the milk mixture. Stir until nicely combined.
- Fold in mashed banana and add in chocolate chips if you are using.
- Preheart the waffle iron. Coat the iron with cooking spray. Spoon 1/4 cup of batter per 4" waffle section in the waffle iron. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until steaming stops; repeat with remaining batter.
- Top waffles with fresh fruit or maple syrup!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.