28 Apr Roasted Veggies for Blood Sugar Balance
Posted at 17:36h in Sides 0 Comments
Making veggies the star of your meal is one of the best ways to help manage blood sugars. With just a little seasoning, roasted veggies taste SO good and are super versatile. Add some tofu, chicken, fish or beef on the side and call it a meal. Feel free to add any other veggies you have – mushrooms, sweet potato, butternut squash and cauliflower would be great too. You want a total of 8-10 cups of vegetables!
Here is what you need:
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 medium head of broccoli cut into florets
- 1 medium fennel, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups brussel sprouts with the ends trimmed
- 1 large pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp rosemary fresh or dried
- 1 tsp thyme fresh or dried
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- In a bowl, mix together avocado oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper, rosemary, and thyme. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Wash, cut, and arrange veggies on a lined baking tray. Feel free to add any other veggies you have - mushrooms, sweet potato, butternut squash and cauliflower would be great too. You want a total of 8-10 cups of vegetables.
- Pour the dressing all over the veggies and mix well so all the veggies are well coated.
- Place into the oven for 20 minutes and enjoy!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.