03 May High Fibre Okra Fries
Posted at 15:48h in Sides, Snacks 0 Comments
Okra is one underrated veggie! This awesome vegetable is packed with great nutrients such as Vitamins C, K, and B and magnesium. Additionally, okra is low in carbohydrates, full of antioxidants, and rich in soluble fibre which can help lower blood sugars, cholesterol and keeps you full for longer. If you don’t enjoy okra because of the sliminess then this recipe is for you – when okra is cooked in dry heat it eliminates the sliminess.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 2-3 cups rinsed okra Trim the okra by cutting the tips, just at the very ends, then cut the okra in half lengthwise.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp of tajin seasoning
- 1/2 wedge of lemon or lime
- If you are using the oven, preheat to 400 degrees.
- Place the okra in a large bowl. Add oil and spices and stir to coat the okra halves.
- Place on a baking sheet or in your air fryer in a single layer. Do not overcrowd the pan as this will reduce heat and result in slimy okra.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until okra fries are crispy and golden brown. Shake or stir the okra twice during the cooking time. You'll know when it's ready when it's golden brown.
- Enjoy with a squeeze of lemon or lime.
Let me know if you try out this recipe via Instagram @anarallidina
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.