06 Dec Hearty Chili
Posted at 18:47h in 0 Comments
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4" finely grated ginger
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 can - 28 oz, 796 ml diced tomatoes including the juices
- 4 tsp Better Than Bouillon + 4 cups of warm water or use 4 cups of stock of your choice
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- dash Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 cans - each can is 540 ml, 19 oz kidney beans or beans of choice a medley of mixed beans works great
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro for garnish
- cheese or avocado slices for garnish
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; add in ginger and garlic. Cook beef for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned and water has been evaporated.
- Reduce heat to medium; and in diced onion, celery, diced tomatoes, and their juices and red peppers.
- Cook until veggies are soft about 7 minutes and then add salt, cumin, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce, and tomato paste, cook for 5 minutes and add the stock.
- Bring to a boil and stir often. Stir in the beans. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes until sauce is thickened.