19 Oct Chickpea & Veggie Salad
Posted at 03:12h in Salads, Sides 0 Comments
Whether you are working remotely or at the office, your afternoon meal can support your energy and concentration to avoid midday fatigue.
While there is no magic food for a healthy blood sugar, ingredients like chickpeas, non-starchy veggies, and avocados can help.
These foods are rich in protein, fibre and healthy fats which keep you energized and focused.
This chickpea and veggie salad is delicious and only takes mins to prep and great to have on hand during the week!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Passive Time||10 minutes|
- 2 cups chickpeas (if canned, drain and rinse)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup red peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/2 cup cucumbers, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs (I used cilantro and mint)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta (goat cheese would also work well)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Place chickpeas and veggies in a serving bowl.
- Prepare the salad dressing in a separate, small bowl and pour onto salad.
- Refrigerate the salad for at least 10 minutes to allow the flavours to combine.
- Serve over a bed of greens and enjoy! (I used arugula and topped my dish off with some sliced avocado!)
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.