18 May Lightened Up Butter Chicken
Posted at 18:39h in 0 Comments
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 minutes|
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast
- 1/2 cup 2% yogurt
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 cloves cloves of garlic, minced
- 1" finely grated ginger
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 sticks Cinnamon barks cut in smaller pieces
- 3 cardamom pods
- 3 medium tomatoes, pureed
- 2 tsp Shaan Butter Chicken Masala
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cashew cream
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- drizzle of cashew cream
- Once cashews have been soaked for at least 30 min. Transfer to a powerful blender, I used a Nutribullet. Add a bit of water and blend. The consistency should be creamy. Adjust water if needed.
- Marinate chicken and place in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- In a large skillet on medium heat add in the ghee. Once melted, add in cinnamon and cardamom pods.
- Add in minced onion, and saute. Stir in minced garlic.
- Once onion has turned a golden brown, add in tomato puree and cook for a few minutes.
- Stir in about 1/4 of cashew cream and add in 1/4 tsp of salt along with 2 tsp of Shaan Butter Chicken masala.
- Stir in tomato paste.
- Add in marinated chicken and let the chicken cook. This will take about 10 -15 minutes.
- Some water may need to be added, keep in mind liquid will be released as chicken cooks.
- Once chicken is done cooking, sauce should thicken. Turn heat off and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and add in a swirl of remaining cashew cream before serving. Enjoy with naan or basmati rice.