03 Dec Chocolate Oat Buckwheat Muffins
Posted at 19:39h in Breakfast, Dessert, Snacks 0 Comments
If you have not used buckwheat flour before then I insist to give this recipe a try! This recipe is a mix of oat flour and buckwheat flour which makes these muffins soft and fluffy and oh so delicious. Buckwheat, despite its name, does not contain wheat so it is gluten-free. Buckwheat is actually a seed and contains many nutritious benefits such as antioxidants, minerals, fibre, and protein. If you are using buckwheat for the first time – use another flour in addition to buckwheat so you can accustom yourself to the nutty and earthy flavour of buckwheat.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 2 medium very ripe bananas, mashed About 1 cup mashed
- 2 large whole eggs
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup buckwheat flakes
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp flaxseed powder
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts for a nut free option swap in 2 hemp hearts
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare a mini muffin pan by spraying the pan with cooking spray or lining them with parchment paper liners. Set aside.
- Add all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips and hemp hearts to a high-speed blender or food processor and process on high until the oats and buckwheat have fully broken down and the batter is smooth and creamy this will take about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the nuts or hemp hearts and chocolate chips by hand, reserving a few tablespoons to sprinkle on top.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin cavities, filling each one until it is about 3/4 full. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the tops of the muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for ~10 minutes before removing.
- Store them in an air-tight container for up to 5 days, or freeze them for up to 3 months.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.