02 May Mung Bean Soup
Posted at 20:41h in 0 Comments
|Prep Time||25 minutes|
- 2 ribs of celery diced
- 2 medium carrots diced Reserve 1/3 of a carrot and shred to garnish at the end (optional)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small tomato blended
- 1 cup Rinsed mung beans
- 1-2 tsp. olive oil
- 8 cups vegetable stock or stock of your choice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- chopped cilantro for garnish optional
- Splash of hot sauce optional
- In the Instant pot, press saute and add in olive oil, once the oil is warm add in diced onions and garlic.
- Once onions are translucent add in tomatoes, chopped celery, and carrots - let that soften for a few minutes.
- Add in salt and pepper and pour in the stock of your choice you can also add water.
- Add in 1 cup of rinsed mung beans - give that a good mix.
- Place the lid on and turn the knob to sealing. Hit manual for 12 min. Once 12 minutes is up, release the pressure. If mung beans are not soft cook again for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in fresh lemon juice and garnish with cilantro, grated carrots and dash of hot sauce if using.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed and enjoy!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.