06 Feb Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Posted at 02:09h in 0 Comments
This was the first time I was trying out coconut flour for cookies. I was pleasantly surprised with the results. It did yield a very soft crumbly cookie that was delicious and the kids enjoyed them! Coconut flour is a grain free flour so perfect for those following a grain and gluten-free diet. Coconut flour is rich in fibre and protein and low in carbohydrates and a great alternative for those who have prediabetes or diabetes or anyone watching their blood sugars.
When it comes to baking with coconut flour you need to use a lot of liquid and since it’s a very absorbent flour so a little goes a long way. These cookies are not grain free or paleo friendly since I did use oats and whole wheat flour.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3 cups old fashion oats
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup raisins or chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine the whole wheat flour, coconut flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl mix butter and maple syrup add vanilla and eggs until everything is combined with a hand mixer.
- Add the flour mixture slowly. Stir in the oats, nuts, and raisins or chocolate chips.
- Scoop a spoonful on to a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12 min. Enjoy!